Essay: Does God Exist? by Tawa Anderson - Apologetics …
FREE Essay on Question, Does God Exist? - Direct Essays
Let us return for a moment to the objection that the ontologicalargument slides illicitly from the mental to the extramental realm. Wehave seen how Descartes responds to it, but it is related to anotherobjection that has come to be associated with Leibniz. Leibniz claimsthat Descartes' version of the ontological argument is incomplete. Itshows merely that if God's existence is possible or non-contradictory,then God exists. But it fails to demonstrate the antecedent of thisconditional (Robert Adams 1998, 135). To reinforce this objection, itis sometimes observed that the divine perfections (omnipotence,omniscience, benevolence, eternality, etc.) might be inconsistent withone another. This objection is related to the previous one in thatthe point in both cases is that Descartes' argument restricts us toclaims about the concept of God and lacks existential import. In orderto redress this issue himself, Leibniz formulates a different versionof the ontological argument (see Adams 1998, 141f).
An essay or paper on Question, Does God Exist?
The key difference then between the idea of God on the one hand andthe idea of a necessarily existing lion is that the former can beclearly and distinctly perceived. For Descartes, it is just a brutefact that certain ideas can be clearly and distinctly perceived andothers cannot. Some critics have charged him with dogmatism in thisregard. Why should Descartes be allowed to legislate the scope of ourclear and distinct perceptions? Perhaps we can clearly and distinctlyperceive something that he could not.
Becoming Like God - The Church of Jesus Christ of …
ARGUMENT FROM PERSECUTION (VI)
(1) Scientific American published an article that shows creationism is nonsense.
(2) The first editor of Scientific American was a Christian.
(3) Therefore, whoever wrote that article is a traitor and a liar.
(4) Besides, Scientific American didn't hire a creationist in the 70s, so they're obviously trying to persecute Christians.
(5) Therefore, God exists.
Free Essay Examples and Research Papers | StudyMode
ARGUMENT FROM PERSECUTION (VII)
(1) Answers in Genesis copied the full text of an article from Scientific American.
(2) Scientific American sent one email to Answers in Genesis saying that they don't necessarily wanttheir articles distributed for free in the internet by just anyone.
(3) See? Scientific American persecutes Christians!
(4) Therefore, God exists.